Elderberries...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samilyn

Junior
Reaction score
So I have a friend that is willing to give me elderberries. I can get them already cooked down into quart size or as fresh berries.

Here's the problem, I have NO IDEA what to do with them. The only wine I have made has been from kits. So I have "most" of the basic wine making supplies & have a VAGUE idea of how wine making works.

I am looking for some advice. I really want to take advantage of these free berries, but it seems like I can't find a decent "starter" recipe. I would LOVE some ideas on what to do. A good recipe and a few pointers would be very helpful;)

There are a bunch of elderberry threads running on the forum. If you search them out and read up you'll be an expert in no time.

BTW, God bless your friend. Stemming elderberries is no small task. I'd be more likely to give a kidney.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, Mud, it seems like every elderberry thread I have found has been vague to me, maybe I'm just crazy:re

Latest posts

Back