WineXpert Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yummie

My wife and I enjoyed a 2 year old example of this with steak and pasta last night. It was an excellent example of what a Cabernet should be. Black cherries and chocolate on the nose, Cassis and plenty of tannins in the full bodied taste on the tongue and mouth. Unfortunately, only a couple made it this far. Another is aging, and there's a box on the floor waiting to go.

Have a lodi kit bulk ageing for 6 mos. Taste is to sweet, should I remove some wine and replace with water, add some oak for a couple of mos? Any ideas.

Have a lodi kit bulk ageing for 6 mos. Taste is to sweet, should I remove some wine and replace with water, add some oak for a couple of mos? Any ideas.

Personally, I really doubt that would get you where you want to be. If it really remains too sweet for your taste, (and assuming it is, in fact, dry as far as SG is concerned), I think your best bet would be to blend it with a dry, dry wine (commercial or homemade).

Back