WineXpert Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE Labelpeelers! Great pricing and shipping. No to mention great customer service!
Oh, and a pretty good kit. Have fun.

Few sites I saw have it for sale at 109. Shipping prob $35

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Label Peeler's least expensive shipping (FedEx Ground) for that kit is $27.78 making a total of $139.63. That is a very attractive price.

A Florida dealer sells it for $109.95 plus UPS Ground shipping of 19.74 or $129.69.

Both were calculated with the least expensive shipping mode to Florida. Since the Florida dealer rates are for in-state shipping, keep in mind that your mileage may vary. As always, you can use the shipping estimator on the site to determine what you would pay without going through the checkout process.
NS

I got mine for $109.95 plus $24 shipping or $134.95:fsh

Just ordered 2 of the Lodi 11 Cab and 2 of the Stag's Leap Merlot. Thanks!

That's why I will bulk age it in the carboy. If it's in bottles forget about it

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I am looking for some feedback:

I haven't started my kit yet and was disappointed that the yeast was EC-118.

I am looking to see if anyone has swapped the yeast and/or if you haven't how did it turn out using EC-118.

I probably will use BM4x4 or Rc212.

I have great results using BM4x4, gives a very fruit forward wine.

I am a BIG fan of BM 4x4. I have used it for mostly Italian reds but I have not found a red juice it didn't like. Go for it!

Both are good choices. Like Roger said, I usually use BM4X4 in Italian wines. It does get hungry, and so can the 212. So make sure you have good nutrient on hand.

Ordered it on sale, should hit the secondary on 2/16. This the second WE LR Cab kit I'm making. The first kit was bottled 1/15 and made according to the instructions. This one I plan on bulk aging.

Its about 14 months and its starting to come around needs another 4 to 6 months. Kit taste is gone. My WE Eclipse Merlot was first and is at 16 months. I can serve it proudly to my friends and know they and I will enjoy it!

I need to order and get another one of these kits going. My first one is over a year and a half old and won't last long

Hello, I'm new to winemaking and I bought this kit. Very excited about this as well, though I did not get this at that attractive price. Any way, prior to pitching the yeast we took a SG reading and temperature reading. This turned out to be 1.086@77F adjusted per SG scale. To bring the temp down, we placed the primary in a sink with ice and gradually stirred. The temp went down, but the SG went up to 1.127@75F. We pitched the yeast and is now in my kitchen at 75F room temperature. I'm assuming that the grape skin pack is what raised the SG and that it will produce a sweeter cab. My concern is the alcohol or ABV. Will this be too high? Can the yeast handle it?

Hello, I'm new to winemaking and I bought this kit. Very excited about this as well, though I did not get this at that attractive price. Any way, prior to pitching the yeast we took a SG reading and temperature reading. This turned out to be 1.086@77F adjusted per SG scale. To bring the temp down, we placed the primary in a sink with ice and gradually stirred. The temp went down, but the SG went up to 1.127@75F. We pitched the yeast and is now in my kitchen at 75F room temperature. I'm assuming that the grape skin pack is what raised the SG and that it will produce a sweeter cab. My concern is the alcohol or ABV. Will this be too high? Can the yeast handle it?

It'll be fine!! Proceed as planned... Sounds like a winner to me. I just bottled this kit after 6 months of bulk ageing in the carboy.

I was thinking of side tracking the directions by bulk aging in the carboy. Since I'm new, can you kind folks give me a run down of the process that best works for you? And why you would bulk age in the carboy?

The temp went down, but the SG went up to 1.127@75F.

Are you sure that you have read that SG correctly? That seems really high. The most I have seen the SG go up due to the grape pack has been about 0.020 additional SG (i.e., in your case, it would have taken it to 1.106, which is about normal). Also, a starting SG of 1.127 would result in ABV of about 17.4%. Is there any chance your reading was really 1.107?

My concern is the alcohol or ABV. Will this be too high? Can the yeast handle it?

Well, if it truly is 1.127, then only a few yeast strains can handle that high. What yeast did you use? It probably came with EC-1118, which should be able to handle that level.

Latest posts

Back