dumb ?: what is this

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the for racking via a vacuum pump. That's the only time I use them. I'm sure there are many uses for them and others will chime in.

Carboy cap. If you don't have an auto siphon, they come in handy when racking. Run the racking cane through the short protrusion and into your carboy. Blow into the tall protrusion and the wine will start flowing.

Some people put their airlock in one arm instead of using a stopper. Other people stick a racking cane in the short one and blow into the other hole to rack (I did not make that up!). WVMJ

ahh, ok. New it went on the carboy, just wasnt sure about two things sticking out. It came with one of my starter kits. thanks.

Carboy cap. If you don't have an auto siphon, they come in handy when racking. Run the racking cane through the short protrusion and into your carboy. Blow into the tall protrusion and the wine will start flowing.

Dang, I did not think of that.

I use it for vacuum racking. If I am putting wine in a bottle bucket, I use it to "blow" the wine to the bucket.

I use mine to degass wine under handheld vacumm pump. Sometimes I use it with a wine savor pump attached to degass as well.

I first started using the for vacuum transfer until I had complaints about the leaking between different Carboy necks. I now produce the bung that fits inside the Carboy neck - virtually does the same thing , just a better seal.

Good idea about how to start a gravity siphon !!

Latest posts

Back