Dragons Blood First Timer- Mistakes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn

Reaction score
Hi all!
So its my first time not making wine from a kit and I decided to try the Dave's Dragon blood as that man sure knows how to right a recipe (so straightforward everything explained perfect for the newbs!)
Alas after reading the recipe probably about a hundred times and checking my ingredients at least 20 times I screwed up within the first 5 minutes.
I put in three teaspoons of yeast energizer instead of one (apparantly I was reading the amount of yeast nutrient) I kept going and finished it. Google seems to suggest that I may have a super charged yeast but it shouldn't affect taste, is that true?
Or is it beyond repair?

Yup, from what I gather if you add too much at the end of primary fermentation you might get some off flavors but at the beginning, no worries at all. Enjoy the DB! I am down to my last two bottles and just picked up 10 lbs of blueberries today to start my next batch :D

Mmmm blueberry I have all the stuff to make another batch I might just have to do this once this one gets into the secondary. Thanks again guys.

Funny you should ask this... Coming from kits and doing my first DB I was very concerned about getting the measurements right. [I like that the kits have it all measured out for you.] Part of the problem for me was being unable to fit the larger measuring spoon(s) into these little bottle openings so I had to use a smaller spoon and careful counting. Anyway, 3 batches of DB now under my belt and all three turned out great. Good luck with your first batch.

Glad you got this straightened out, Jocelyn. And glad you like the recipe so far. Enjoy! Half the fun is in the making! :b

Latest posts

Back