Dragon Blood ooops!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
JEEZ IM AN IDIOT!!!!!

Everything went fine...........until backsweetening and bottling. Long story short: too much sugar. So, what do I do? Do I make another smaller batch and just blend by pouring bottled DB into freshly made bucket of DB? Or can I get a few bottles of Riesling or another white to blend? Either way, I am going to need to blend.

Thoughts????

Thanks!!

i would make another batch and blend.
if you ad that much of a wine, its not dragon blood anyloner.

What is the SG of the too sweet stuff? At any rate, you've got good options. Other than the mentioned second batch mix you can try a sangria like solution to the problem. Lemon or lime juice alone may do the trick. You may want to try several "bottle at a time" options while a second batch is brewing.

1.024. Too sweet. I got side tracked and dumped ALL sugar instead bit by bit. Oh well, another 3 weeks won't hurt.

Sounds like your best bet. Make more and blend. Well, in the end, you'll have twice as much wine! :r

Just thinking out loud add some Brandy and make a port??? Or like others have said, make another and blend.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back