Dragon Blood in 15 days!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All, I've got a batch going now and I'd like to start a some Cherry/Lime/Lemon flavor too.

I've seen some people post "about to brew cherry/lime" and "just finished - wow!" as well as "ooh, not a lot of cherry flavor the way I did it...".

Can anyone offer a tried and true varient? Cheers!

So to make a cherry lime or anything lime version of DB, I assume you can just substitue the lime juice for lemon juice? or am I making a bad assumption?
I think next up for me is the DB melomel.

Yup, I made lime and its really good. Also did cherry lime and added cherry before fermentation and it taste like cough syrup, so I don't suggest that. I just racked a gallon if the lime wine into cherry juice after sorbate and meta so I'll see how that goes soon.

As for my dragon blood, just tried it after sweetening and sitting for a week. Its almost 6 month old dragon blood. This is in my top 3 wines made! Its so good

I made a batch of cherry limeade a little bit ago and it is wonderful!!! I substituted lime juice for the lemon juice in Dave's Dragon's Blood recipe, but I only put about 36 ounces in. I used 7.5 lbs of cherries. It has a wonderful cherry flavor and it has an after taste that resembles cherry cheesecake. It is well worth the time and effort !

I made a batch of cherry limeade a little bit ago and it is wonderful!!! I substituted lime juice for the lemon juice in Dave's Dragon's Blood recipe, but I only put about 36 ounces in. I used 7.5 lbs of cherries. It has a wonderful cherry flavor and it has an after taste that resembles cherry cheesecake. It is well worth the time and effort !

Jealous! Mine didn't turn out. How long has yours aged?

Hi,everyone.I am new here
22.jpg
13.jpg
20.jpg
23.jpg
21.jpg

keena said:
Jealous! Mine didn't turn out. How long has yours aged?

I made it 1 month ago. I didn't do any bulk aging. It has been in the bottle for a month. The flavor was present as soon as I bottled it. My wife loves it!!!!! It will definitely be made again and again.

thanks dave u and everyone else here inspired me to try some thing else other than a couple of kits ive done.Im on my third day in the fermenter with a four berry db and already down to 1.042 from 1.075 and now my basement smells so good ive spent all my evenings there (that dont make my wife happy) but cant wait for the final product

Has anyone substituted acid blend for the lemon juice? I skimmed through a bunch of the posts but didnt see anyone mentioning using acid blend instead of lemon juice Im starting a batch this weekend and was curious? Im gonna use 3 tsp of acid blend for a 3 gallon batch so if anyone has some insight lemme know thanks!

Has anyone substituted acid blend for the lemon juice? I skimmed through a bunch of the posts but didnt see anyone mentioning using acid blend instead of lemon juice Im starting a batch this weekend and was curious? Im gonna use 3 tsp of acid blend for a 3 gallon batch so if anyone has some insight lemme know thanks!

I believe you would want to use 1 1/2 tsp for a 3 gal. batch.

Ok I made a 3 galon batch its al in primary sitting for the 24 hour perid, but its almost to the top with only an inch of clearance I know it will be a pain to stir but I will deal with that. What Im worried about is when I add yeast will it overflow? I can go get bigger primary but dont want to if I dont have to this go around

My Dragonette Recipe is just that. In a six gallon batch, I replaced the the lemon juice with 3 tsp of acid blend. It came out very smooth and fruity. My wife loves it. Check out the recipe.

Hello,

I'm just trying out a 1 gallon batch of the dragon blood - its my first attempt at winemaking (I also have a kit in the clearing stage).
I started with an SG 1.082 on the 22nd Feb, 1.028 25th Feb and just taken a reading of 1.005 26th Feb. I have followed recipe but instead I am using:

150ml Jif Lemon Juice
500g of frozen (and thawed) summer berries from Tesco
4.5L Water
1kg of brewing sugar
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 tsp pectic acid
1/2 tsp citric acid
1/2 tsp tannin
1 packet Yeast

If it tastes as good as it smells i'll be getting a full batch on asap! I'll let you know how quickly everything clears.

Ryan

Last edited:
Welcome to a hobby that's as addictive as getting tattooes!!!! I started last year in June and love it!!! I've made about 10 batches since! You'll live the Dragon's Blood. Z

Back