Other Diamanti Ice Wine & Port - degassing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCGoodin

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a Diamanti Ice Wine & Chocolate Strawberry Port in secondary. As I re-read the directions, it does not mention degassing before clearing and stabilizing. In fact it doesn't mention degassing anywhere.

I know the wine is sweet and the Port is still fermenting in the carboy.

The question is: Would you still recommend degassing?

Zero responses? Is someone mad at me?

How about some team spirit here?

Maybe I'm the only winer that has made a Diamanti Kit of Ice Wine and also their Port.

Ok, ok, I'll quit whinning...................not making it, just sulking..

I would say always degas - I haven't done Dimanti brand, but all others I did a major degassing.

Yes I would always recommend degassing as well.
Well in my case with the Allinone - you are always degassing as you do normal transferring from carboy to carboy

Yes I would always recommend degassing as well.
Well in my case with the Allinone - you are always degassing as you do normal transferring from carboy to carboy

Hi Steve,

I degassed three carboys last Saturday. I ran the pump three or four times on each. On the last run I did see foam bubbles in the carboy. I assume that is from the splashing and not gas.

Am I right?

Hi Steve,

I degassed three carboys last Saturday. I ran the pump three or four times on each. On the last run I did see foam bubbles in the carboy. I assume that is from the splashing and not gas.

Am I right?

Yes - I believe you are correct
The pump is designed from the beginning of wine making to keep removing some of the CO2 everytime you do a racking. With that being said - typically you do around 4 rackings the first 45 days that should be more than adequate to have your CO2 removed.

I would be more than happy to talk to you over the phone - just pm me with your phone # and I wil call you as soon as I am able

I have made a few of the Diamonte ports and I always degassed them. I didn't even notice in the directions it doesn't mention it, I have made so many kits I barely look at the 'destructions' anyway!! Love the Chocolate Strawberry Port, try making a milkshake with it, YUMMY!!!!!

Latest posts

Back