Demijohn / Must / Produce Pics!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbsmith

Reaction score
I have started up a thread where fellow brewers can post up photos from any stage in their wine making process, from the ingredients, the must, the must in primary, discarded pulp, the different stages of secondary, maturing, before finings, after finings, syphoning, bottling etc etc (you get the picture). Its nice to see how peoples methods vary, and always nice seeing it along the way!

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/demijohn-must-produce-pics-454015/

Oops, I forgot this. Strawberry Blood. Looks dark in the plastic carboy but is a pale pink color. Pretty!!:HB Tasty too!!

Show us yur must.

DSCF2230.jpg

Nice nice, really handy stuff actually.

When I label my wine I usually just take a black sharpy pen and initial the corks.

I use the black sharpy on my carboys - rinses right off with a bit of sterilizing solution, but won't rub off on my hands. I use pen on my corks because I'm worried the smell from the sharpy will go into the wine!

All right Ya'll, here's a Red Raspberry Dragon's Blood I started yesterday. It is sizzling like pork sausage frying in a hot pan. A three gallon recipe that has 50 ounces of red raspberrys, about 2 pounds bananas and 20 ounces of crushed pineapple and of course 24 ounces of concentrated lemon juice. I adjusted my beginning SG to 1.110 using concord grape juice and granulated sugar. More closer to 5 gallons now though.

DSCF2295.jpg

DSCF2296.jpg

Here is the ending ferment of my Red Raspberry Dragon Blood. Fruit bag removed and SG @ .998. It should finish around .995 or lower. Should have around 14 ABV.:r

DSCF2300.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

Quad Berry Dragon Blood

Here is my 9/11 quad berry dragon blood. Three gallons almost. 3 lbs quad berry and a 22 oz. jar of red raspberry jam. Smells awesome. Starting SG of 1.100.
Hoping for 2 gallons and some to taste, and taste and...

DSCF2303.jpg

DSCF2302.jpg

Skeeter Pee Must

This is my first batch of Skeeter Pee. I used Lon DePoppe's recipe as written except I added yeast in addition to my slurry, whitch I was dubious about. In three hours it was a sizzilin'. It dosn't look like much to me, but I really didn't know what to expect in the way of fermentation. Looking forward to this!!!

Thanks Lon

DSCF2298.jpg

DSCF2299.jpg

Back