degassing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW

Junior
Reaction score
CanI degass multiple carboys at once with a brake bleeder vacumn pump.

Mike

Thanks Wade
I thought you may be able to put some T's together in the tubing and it might work.....

I broke our brake bleeder...
smiley19.gif
Poor Bert was degassing and I took it from him to give him a break, and I broke the brake bleeder...
smiley19.gif
(Say that really fast a few times after some wine!) I broke the break bleeder where it hinges during pumping...
smiley18.gif

I cant say it fast without the wine...dang, barley could type all that!
smiley36.gif
Don't worry, that Bert's a swell guy, he'll get you another one...just may not let you use it.

Just degassed, stabilized, and clarified my cellar craft quartet syrah. they had you rack it into your primary fermenter instead of a carboy, add your chemicals, stir and then rack back into another carboy. I had never done it this way before but by the time I was done it was totally degassed. I checked it by hooking my aspirator pump up to it and going up to 22 inches on the guage. degassing was very easy.

Getting it done in primary sure helps let all the gases out much easier.

Ao you dont have to be conerned about the exposure of the wine to oxygen by racking back to primary for degassing?

Latest posts

Back