Degassing Tool Options / Questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be very careful if you dont know how much vacuum you are pulling on a carboy as they can implode and cause serious tragedy to you and your wine. I use a vacuum pump and like the fact that I know how much vacuum Im pulling. I also rack with it and will get a filter set up soon and bottle with it also.

is it the R134 or the R12 Air Operated Vacuum pump for 12.99. It says you need an air source to run this, it does not mention anything about a gauge. Is tjis the one you have?

No, this is a Respirator vacuum used in hospitals for respiratory assistance or in morgues to drain fluids out of bodies. There is no oil or fluids to deal with and its powered by electricity. Adjustable pressure also.

I am looking under vacuum pumps and I do not see it, what should I be looking under on ebay

They dont have the same unit I bought for sale up there right now but others work just as well I believe.

Follow my link Coriasco............. That's a great deal plus $15 shipping. He even links to a site to get the canisters

Thanks Wade & Gaudet for the info. Gaudet I will check out your link but now I will have to bid farewell I have to get up early tomorrow morning.

It might not be there in the morning...... That's a great deal.....

But goodnight anyways............. and hope its still there tomorrow.....

I saw it , I tried to buy it now but every time I do an error message pops up on my computer. I will try again in the morning on my wife's computer. Thanks for the info and have a good evening.

Very much a rookie at this but having a good time--
Just to get the correct procedure in my little mind when using the brake bleeder.

First degass using a spoon or drill attachment, then attach the brake bleeder and when the gage reads and hold to 20 bars the wine should be degassed.
correct?

Thanks

Gary

Latest posts

Back