Degassing Gauge for Brake Bleeder?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smokegrub said:
What type and where can I get a gauge for the Mini-Vac?

They sell them at most auto parts stores and Harbor Freight.They are called a brake bleeder and as an added bonus they have a vacuum pump attached.
smiley36.gif

The kit is the Mityvac from Harbor Freight (MV6820), which cost $33.99 + $7.99 shipping. There was no gauge in the package.

I just checked the kit and Mityvac online. No gauge is included with the kit. I also checked on the cost of a gauge--more than $20, not including shipping. Can you believe it, more than $30 and no gauge! I will be returning this despite the high cost of shipping. A word to the wise, learn from my mistake and make certain a gauge is included with any brake bleeder you may order.Edited by: Smokegrub

This is exactly why I like to buy stuff locally. You can get this at any auto parts store and without shipping will be cheaper and if something is wrong you dont have to re package, send back and wait further time. Basically the only thing I buy on line is stuff from George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rarely get burned online, but this time I did. Harbor Freight just lost a customer.

appleman said:
smokegrub- here is the kit you wanted from Harbor Freight. It's about half the money and has the guage.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92474

I just ordered one. I have been meaning to for a while now and the moment just struck
smiley2.gif

I have a merlot in a carboy for about 8 months now and i want to ensure
that it is degassed before bottling. I always seem to have some
gas in my reds, but my whites are gas free.

Any idea why that may be?

anyway, the brake bleed should solve the problem.

Next stop: Start the WE Estate Reisling for next summer's drinking.

Most reds start off with a higher Sg and ferment a little drier producing more C02 which gets dissolved into the wine.

Back