Degas & Bottling?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I did add the f-pac. I have about 1 1/2 litres of the wine that I reserved to top it up after adding the f-pac, but it hasn't had any stabilizer/clarifier added to it, so I was told I shouldn't use it? I don't have any way to buy those things until next Thursday at the earliest, either.`

Maybe I am missing something here but if you did not stabilize yet and you added your f-pack you have a real potential for refermentation and bottle bombs if you bottle now. If I read this right you will need to wait and see if you do get refermentation and then stabilize.

Since you have a time constraint, then you should bottle it as is, as long as it is reasonably clear. If it isn't, get a package of SuperKleer and it will clear in a couple of days. then you can filter it, bottle it, label. etc. and have it ready for this weekend. This is a mist kit and really doesn't need aging. It should be fine.

Dan, I think this means the top up portion removed wasn't stabilized.
Skyal - next time, stabilize everything before you remove the excess ( I usually transfer it back to the bucket to stabilize since there's more room for adding and stirring).

Dan, I think this means the top up portion removed wasn't stabilized.
Skyal - next time, stabilize everything before you remove the excess ( I usually transfer it back to the bucket to stabilize since there's more room for adding and stirring).

Exactly, I removed some & then stabilized. Realizing now that I should have removed after, but I was following the kit directions. I'll definitely stabilize everything & then remove some next time!

Guess I'll go filter & bottle. Assuming I can figure out the filter. Luckily I found a great video on youtube the other day for it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back