Decorative wine...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanterax

Reaction score
This is an odd question that I'm not sure where to post. If you think it's in the wrong area, feel free to move it.

I'd like to put a couple of "fake" wine bottles around the house as a decorative piece. However, I'm not really willing to sacrifice my real wine for that purpose. Any bit of it wasted make me go :sh :h

What is a safe liquid to bottle that looks like red wine (it'll be in a dark green bottle), but won't react over time and transform into a bomb? Will just water and food dye do? I should add that it will not be subjected to direct sun light, but will be exposed to ambient light.

Thanks! :)

Actually back in the day my parents used to do just that. They had all sorts of bottles with different colored (dyed waters) in them all along a shelf which ran around in the finished basement along with a bunch of Chianti looking bottles with crayons melted down the sides of all different colors on each one.

if your looking for something cool... the fuzzy insides from highlighters make the water change color and they also look awesome under blacklight.

Thanks for your input. But I'm not too sure about funky psychedelic wine... ;)

Will tea be a good product? It has a nice dark color that fits well as fake wine. It looks good in a bottle.

I think I would use water and food coloring. You could mix the colors to give it a darker hue even in the green bottles so that its not such a bright red.

I think I would use water and food coloring. You could mix the colors to give it a darker hue even in the green bottles so that its not such a bright red.

I would have to agree with Wade and Steve. Water and food coloring.

Latest posts

Back