DangerDave's Dragon Blood Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that with the quad berry I ended up with a lot more strawberry flavor, whereas the triple berry was more raspberry flavored.

Thanks!! There is definitely one of the fruits dominating the flavor. And you could be right, I'll keep that in mind the next time I drink some. I've never made it with the triple berry since I can't get it in my stores here.

Ya my local Walmart only has the quad berry great value stuff... I'm sure the other grocery stores might have something else in smaller bags but this my cheapest choice. For me it's $10.47 for a 1.75kg bag. It would be interesting for all the traditional triple berry'ers out there to try a batch of quad berry to see if they find a difference!

Haha er ya... Milk works perfectly for my needs! I couldn't find the post by jswordy! Maybe he posted that tip in another thread - will look again.

And it is still smooth! At first I was worried that this batch was going to be hot rocket fuel... But nope this is already smooth and I can't wait to see what it will be like in 3 months!

After 24 hours of pitching the yeast there is no activity at all. Will give it a bit more. Any suggestions? The temp was 68 to 72 degrees. Starting SG 1.090.

It should start but make sure it's over 70F for sure 75F would be decent. Did u make a starter or just pitch it dry?

Btw I found the post on the milk complete with instructions and pics. Post #27 by jswordy on the "labels that peel off easily" thread!

Ok I usually find that it starts at the 24 hour mark if the must is warm enough. Sometimes it's quicker sometimes a tad slower. Can u get it up a bit warmer?

I never hydrate yeast...I just pitch...and i make sure the temp is 78 degrees.
usually it will start with in a few hours, and very vigorous in 12.
sometimes, depending on what i am making i start with a high (78) and after it starts i will lower the temp down to about 68 and let it go dry.

After 24 hours of pitching the yeast there is no activity at all. Will give it a bit more. Any suggestions? The temp was 68 to 72 degrees. Starting SG 1.090.

What yeast did you use. I'm assuming this is a batch of Dragon Blood, but what recipe would also help.

OMG Barb! I love it! Looks so good! Te colour is awesome and the labels are fab! Yours appears lighter in colour than my ruby red stuff do you use the triple berry blend? Congrats!

Thanks!! There is definitely one of the fruits dominating the flavor. And you could be right, I'll keep that in mind the next time I drink some. I've never made it with the triple berry since I can't get it in my stores here.
Like you I had to do the quad berry from Wal-Mart... until I found the triple berry at Costco! Quad is nice, in some ways closer to a light berry rose, but the triple packs a lot more color and berry flavor. The original recipe triple berry is the best in my opinion.

Filtered and back sweetened my batch of this triple berry today. Letting it age in the carboys I added some oak cubes to the one gallon carboy letting it set a few weeks see if there is any difference

1391373149012.jpg

1391373185096.jpg

1391373201104.jpg

Wildvines how hot was the water that you rehydrate the yeast in. If it was to hot then you cooked the yeast, you just want to use luke warm water like you would use to warm a babies milk in. And did it start to foam when you rehydrated it?

Latest posts

Back