Da Sangwitch Stop

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sangwitch said:
I had to make some adjustments. The labels above are 4" x 3" and too small in my opinion for the big bottles. They look perfect on the small bottles though. Anyway, after some experimentation I've changed the size for the bigger bottles to 4" x 5".

20070407_132607_Large_Bottle_co.jpg

Here's the image I used for the background, which I found thanks to Wade and his post about posters.com:

20070407_132723_RE034.jpg

I like your idea for using the same format over different wallpaper...Here is a Black Currant that I love...think it would make a nice backdrop for a Black Currant wine label...

blackcurrantwallpaper.jpg

I would love to find nice light colored wallpaper for manyordinary fruits to use on labels....

NW - I took the picture of grapes, cut out the words and then put it on a new "layer" within the label. Then I set the opacity of the layer to 35. Layers also allow me to make quick and easy changes to wording, etc.

A lot of graphics programs do not use layers and so will not have the capability. I'm not sure what you're using, but if you (or anyone else) have a graphic youwant lightened, just send it on and I'll lighten it and send it back. There are also a few other photoshop users that I'm sure would do the same.

by the way, here are two more black currant graphics I found. One of which I used on my BC label by turning the grapes layer off and adding the black currant layer. (I also set the opacity on the one I used to be low so that it's faded in the background).

20070410_080707_8039038.gif

20070410_080811_bkcur600.gif

And here is the changed label. You can see that I chose the 2nd graphic and also that I made a couple slight ofchanges to it.

20070410_081045_bc_large.jpg
Edited by: sangwitch

Nice Sang, I like that BC label and have so much to learn on this Adobe CS that its not even funny, but I laugh anyway!
smiley36.gif

Nice sang....I really like the Black Currant label.... Did you print it on mauve paper????Edited by: Northern Winos

Wade - I'm only scratching the surface of that that program can do. It's incredible. There are tons of tutuorial websites that offer a lot of good tips.

NW - I put that mauve color on there because it was looking plain with out any background color. BTW, I didn't notice the sun and the bubbles on your black currant graphic until now. That's cool. I must have been tired when I first looked at. I travelled all day yesterday.

How y'all doing?Acouple of shots of the coastline down here in Lima. I took this with my phone so the quality is a bit off...

20070414_190146_1.jpg

20070414_190236_2.jpg

20070414_190330_3.jpg

Edited by: sangwitch

Great shots there Sang. Wish I were there with you. That looks like a pretty busy beach. Keep the pics coming-phone or not. Thanks

I've been drinking some mate de coca while in Peru and had the idea of making some wine or mead with it, but figured I better do some research to make sure there areno active ingredients in the tea bags.

Anyway... while looking around the web I came across the followingsite,which I found to be quite interesting. About a quarter of the way down the page it starts talking aboutcoca wine...

http://www.cocabonsai.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=116

A couple pics from Peru...

Here is a shot of the ancient city of Machu Picchu...
20070617_084745_Heather_165.jpg

The mountain you can see in the background is Waynapicchu. Since the Lord went through the trouble of placing it there for all to enjoy I figured the least I could do was climb it. : )

Here's a shot of Machu Picchu looking down from the top of Waynapicchu.
20070617_085251_P1010186.jpg

There are ruins at the top of Waynapicchu as well. Here's a pic looking down at some "stairs" that I used. It's hard to tell from the shot just how steep and small these stairs are. The following shot is looking over the side. It was important to watch your step.
smiley17.gif

20070617_085802_P1010199.jpg

20070617_090009_P1010200.jpg

a couple of hours I guess. it was very steep, but not technical in the sense of mountain climbing... just astrenuous hike.Well worth the views though!

Oh my God, I'm getting dizzy just looking at the pictures! With my uneasiness with heights, I would have a hard time with that climb! what doe picchu mean? It seems to be repeated. Hard to believe they could work at those heights to build such a temple and city.

I feel like i've been down in my cellar too long after looking at those pics..I don't do Heights very well
smiley11.gif

Besides, didin't God say, "Low, I will be with you always" so I figure he wants me to stay Low.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Latest posts

Back