Custom Printed Corks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of A, B and C grade corks.

1+1-site.jpg

LOL I recognize that sample cork set. I went with the 1+1 "A" grade. Like only $0.01 more (ea) for a perfect slice o (100% pure perfect) cork on both ends. :p

LOL my mind is not what it once was but it seemed like when I ordered the 1+1 "A" grade was easily worth the extra after looking at the samples they sent. The lower grades were OK just not as near picture perfect as the "A" grade.

You need to make an corkidor.

I have one - sort of. I keep my hoses, airlocks and bungs in a bucket with a jar of Meta solution in the bottom. On top of all that, I have a colander full of corks. I only keep 30-50 in there at a time. Just enough so that I'm ready to bottle the next batch at a moment's notice. I'll have to get one dedicated to corks though.

OK, played around a little over the weekend and looking for some opinions. Which design do you like more?

My thinking is that you may want to go with the first one. I believe that most corks are branded and not inked. There is no grey, just one tone or color (black/brown depending on the material)

The second image you have has black and grey colors.

How long can I age with the 1+1 "A" grade? Everything I've read on the innerweb said you should use a full, all natural cork if you wanted to go 4-5 years. What's been your experience with the agglomerated with full disk ends and term of aging? Assuming you guys have any wine that lasts that long before being consumed :)

I like the 2nd one also. I would rework it a bit in order to stretch it out so more of the cork is actually branded instead of just a small swatch. You want the majority of the cork to have printing on it.

Increase font size(s) large enough so it looks more like:

Broad Run
Cellars
(WAVE)
Established 2012

And your "cork guy" is...?

...out of busness. He was very local so I could pick up my corks and save a TON on freight. Before he closed up shop, he gave me the brands with my artwork.

Although I have enough corks to last me a while, I am in the market for a new cork guy.

These corks will age wine safely at least 10 years if YOU have proper storage conditions for your wine. You age it in your house/kitchen area at 80 degrees and no cork will age a wine for any decent length of time.

How long can I age with the 1+1 "A" grade? Everything I've read on the innerweb said you should use a full, all natural cork if you wanted to go 4-5 years. What's been your experience with the agglomerated with full disk ends and term of aging? Assuming you guys have any wine that lasts that long before being consumed :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick input!

John: I share your concern on the grayscale and plan to ask about that. Having it straight B&W, it might not look as nice.

Mike: I like the idea of taking up more space. One thought I had was to run that logo on the cork twice - once in one direction and once in the other. That way, you don't have to fuss about which direction the cork is facing. So the final artwork might look more like this:

Capture.GIF

These corks will age wine safely at least 10 years if YOU have proper storage conditions for your wine. You age it in your house/kitchen area at 80 degrees and no cork will age a wine for any decent length of time.

Thanks and agree on the temp/aging issue. I should have stated that I was assuming proper conditions were a given.

These are great corks for the $$$. Both ends have a ~0.25" slice of pure 100% cork so your wine touches nothing but pure cork, no agglomerate.

That would also work. You will have to run it past them antways so they can tell if right up front if there're is any problems.

I would also just change the image from greyscale to B&W and that wave will pop nicely. If that is the one you go with.

Thanks for the quick input!

John: I share your concern on the grayscale and plan to ask about that. Having it straight B&W, it might not look as nice.

Mike: I like the idea of taking up more space. One thought I had was to run that logo on the cork twice - once in one direction and once in the other. That way, you don't have to fuss about which direction the cork is facing. So the final artwork might look more like this:

OK, played around a little over the weekend and looking for some opinions. Which design do you like more?

I like the top one. It reminds me more of a flowing river which I like. The wavier one looks like a piece of cloth or something. I think the waves would look better on the cork especially if it needs to be B/W.

Latest posts

Back