Custom Printed Corks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
OK, I know this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find it. Looking at what is in the pipeline for bottling this year, I realize 1,000 corks isn't too insane a purchase anymore. If I recall correctly, Runningwolf and maybe some others buy lots of 1,000 corks and have them printed/etched/branded. If you do this, where do you have it done?

Thanks.

My cork guy handled all of that. Printing was free for a 1 time set up charge of $40.

I have to admit, I would be all geeked up about having a cork with a custom label.....

But I am probably the only person who would find it awesome!
All my other friends probably would not even notice!

Yea

Bunch of us have used Lafitte Custom Cork. The one time set up fee is a little higher than $40 I can't remember but it seems more like I paid $80. They are easy to deal with and basically ship the corks to you with a bill inside trusting that you will send them a check or call them with a CC# We all get the 1+1 (#1 grade) Cost is about $0.11 each IIRC. I don't make half of what Dan makes and mine lasted right at 2 years and held up just fine until I reordered my second batch.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. That was the one I was thinking of.

Anyone care to share pics of their corks? (oh boy, let's see what kind of response this gets...)

Thanks Mike. That was the one I was thinking of.

Anyone care to share pics of their corks? (oh boy, let's see what kind of response this gets...)

That is why I am on probation to begin with!

I heard back from Lafitte and here is their response, in case anyone else is interested. Cost is VERY reasonable. I'll cork over 300 bottles this year. Buying 300 corks this year, then again next year in batches of 100 would be about equal to what I'd spend on 1,000 from these guys (not including the one time die cast fee). I will probably go ahead and take the plunge. Just need to dream up a logo...

Hi Jim,
Thank you for your email about 1+1 corks. Lafitte is a cork producer, we sell our products, and have been doing so for 5 generations. We like to work with wine brands of all sizes, and we ask for a minimum order of just 1,000 corks. All we will need is your logo image in a PDF file, we then size it to properly fit the cork, send you a proof and we are good to go. The die takes one week, once the die is in house our cork production time is just one week. Everything for North America is done and shipped out of our Napa, CA facility.
Pricing for our four 1+1 cork grades are:
A45235TTA, 1+1A grade (9 x 1 3/4" 1+1 wine cork) $120/1,000
A45235TTB, 1+1B grade (9 x 1 3/4" 1+1 wine cork) $107/1,000 (Industry's top grade)
A45235TTC, 1+1C grade (9 x 1 3/4" 1+1 wine cork) $95/1,000
A45235TTD, 1+1D grade (9 x 1 3/4" 1+1 wine cork) $80/1,000

Ink print logo die, $100 (one time production fee) (Industry's standard)
Fire Brand die, $250 (for the old school look)

Hope this info helps, please let me know which grade we can set you up with. Thank you.
Cheers!

Last edited:
I plan to order grade B. My first order, including the set up will be equivalent in cost per cork to what I'm paying now, buying by the 100 (20-22 cents). After that, it'll be about half that. The only drawback is I have to store 1,000 corks.

Back