Custom Printed Corks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the top one. It reminds me more of a flowing river which I like. The wavier one looks like a piece of cloth or something. I think the waves would look better on the cork especially if it needs to be B/W.

Flowing river is what I'm going for. Broad Run is the stream that runs behind my house.

Jim, how did you create that artwork?

Microsoft Word. :)

I searched with the Google machine for "river illustration", "river clipart", etc. and those graphics were the best I found for what I had in mind. I just pasted the graphic into the Word doc and added text boxes above and below. Finally, I used the Windows snipping tool to copy the whole thing as an image.

I also like the first one best. I would search a bit more for river image as I don't get that out of either one.

That's a neat idea you have about applying the name twice in different directions. Even wineries don't worry about that as the corks go into a big hopper and they go in the way they land.

I didn't realize they were bi-disk type corks. That clinches it for me. I've been using bi-disk for a few years now, best of both worlds. I use about 300 number 9s per year. How long do yall think these will stay fresh if I repackage in 100s with the Food Saver?

Thank you all! I really appreciate all the input. I continue my search for a graphic with the proper proportions that will induce thoughts of a flowing stream. Nothing better than what I've shown you already has been found. While I was strongly in favor of the 2nd design initially, I'm beginning to lean more toward the first now, due to it's simplicity. This has turned into a fun little project, and will likely have some influence on future label designs as well, since I'd have a logo of sorts.

Tony: I never thought about using the Foodsaver, but that is a great idea. I imagine they'd keep for a very long time once they're vaccum sealed.

Update:

After additional searching, I didn't find anything better that would be "printable" on the corks. So I went with the first design. I also had a stencil made of the logo from stencilsonline.com. I'll put that on my barrels, brute can/lid, fermenters, buckets, neighbors cat, etc. :D

Laffite was a pleasure to deal with and Nate was extremely helpful answering all my questions and providing some advice on helping me decide between the two designs.

I'll post up some pics when I have everything in hand. Thanks again for all your input.

LOL, thought so. I had them (online stencils) make me up a large stencil that says Le Petit Chai (the little barrel room) a while back. Painted it on the door to the Winery/Cellar. :sm

Look into my Avatar…………..

corange-thumb-320x222-15339.jpg

Update:

After additional searching, I didn't find anything better that would be "printable" on the corks. So I went with the first design. I also had a stencil made of the logo from stencilsonline.com. I'll put that on my barrels, brute can/lid, fermenters, buckets, neighbors cat, etc. :D

Laffite was a pleasure to deal with and Nate was extremely helpful answering all my questions and providing some advice on helping me decide between the two designs.

I'll post up some pics when I have everything in hand. Thanks again for all your input.

Out of curiosity, what has been the response time from Laffite? I sent them an email on Thursday, using the sales email address on their site, and haven't received any response back.

Out of curiosity, what has been the response time from Laffite? I sent them an email on Thursday, using the sales email address on their site, and haven't received any response back.

I heard back on my initial inquiry within a couple hours. It may have been less than an hour, but I don't recall exactly. I do remember it was pretty quick.

Have you checked your junk/spam folder?

Latest posts

Back