crusher needed

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster

Reaction score
after my second season of destemming, crushing and pressing, I have decided there must be a better way. I called around and am unable to find anyone local to rent a crusher destemer. I can't see paying 300 to 400 for something I would use only once a year. I built a press last year using a trailer jack and some buckets. I was wondering if anyone has ever built a crusher destemer? Also If I built just a crusher, what happens if I let the stems fall out with the gross lees?
Thanks for the advise.

I have been trying to find a crusher myself and no luck at all so my husband is going to build one before this fall. If you are interested in what he does, I'll pm you his plans.

Thanks for the info all, Julie, I would love to see them if you don't mind sharing, even just some photos, I can take the idea from there.
Joea, that is sure nice of you to offer but I am afraid the 20+ hour drive may kill the excitement.
Grapeman, the link looks pretty informative, I'll check it out in a bit.

A crusher de-stemmer is worth every penny you pay for it IMHO. If you think you will stay in this hobby for the duration either find one to rent or buy one. You can always sell it on CL's if worse comes to worse.

Latest posts

Back