Craigslist gold

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaudet

Reaction score
This morning I came across a gem. Someone giving away some soda fountain supplies. I got a dual gauge co2 regulator, multiple pin lock connectors and tubing, a chiller(? I'll have to post pictures of it when I get the chance?), and a 5 drink pouring gun. The chiller is connected to the fountain gun. I want to utilize this if I can. Anyone with experience with the soda gun?

That looks promising. I'll check it out tonite when I get home. iPhone isn't the greatest for surfing sometimes.

Well I got to look at the soda gun and its a wunderbar with 7 outputs. Not sure where to begin to clean it, but worst case I get a very large chill plate. I would assume I'd need to jumper the ports to make it maximize the chilling effect, but that wouldn't be too hard to do, I think....

Good pick up. I really need to watch more closely. I have been Craigslist slacking for a while.

Thats what I do. I have 3 beers and a sparkling crab apple on tap which is almost empty and will be replaced by sparkling raspberry thats been ready for some time now, just needs to slip in there and get carbed.

Great find Gaudet! Hope you can figure it all out and get 'er working!
I also wanted to add that last week I placed a "wanted" ad on CL for a suction/aspirator machine.........Got an email from a lady who had one, and she gave me the machine PLUS a whole box of brand new, sealed, canisters and tubing. Yep, I'm counting my blessings!

Hi Wade....It's a DeVilbiss Vacu-aide, Model # 7305P.....Has a power cord, but also has an internal rechargeable battery. It's brand new, and was only used 4 or 5 times while she cared for her terminally ill father at home.

Now...after I posted here this morning, I received another email from a lady that saw a "wanted" ad that I posted on "Freecycle".. (I posted on CL and Freecycle at the same time). This lady has offered me a unit that she has as well. (I don't know the model on that yet....I am picking it up tomorrow morning.) Obviously I dont need two, but I have a friend that makes wine, and I am going to offer it to her.

I guess the bottom line here is that these units are out there, and if you post an ad for one, you might be very surprised to get one free of charge.

Many folks who are ill and are being cared for at home, thru hospice, etc., use these types of pumps. When the person who is ill has passed away, or goes into the hospital to pass, many families dont know what to do with this piece of equipment and are most often very happy to be rid of them.

I encourage any of this forum's members to post ads........It doesnt cost a thing....and could save you $100.00 or more.

Thats awesome. I dont have any luck with craiglist over here at all!

OK, so I've picked up unit # 2.
It's an Easy Vac Aspirator PM 60, 115V 60Hz, 4.8 Amps, Thermally Protected. This one also comes with brand new canisters and tubing.

Does anyone have experience with either of these machines?

I'm going to set them up this weekend and practice with them using water so that I can be ready to go when it's time for me to rack the next batches.

Gaudet...please forgive me for hijacking your thread!.....How are you making out with your CL find???

MaineGal said:
OK, so I've picked up unit # 2.It's an Easy Vac Aspirator PM 60, 115V 60Hz, 4.8 Amps, Thermally Protected. This one also comes with brand new canisters and tubing.Does anyone have experience with either of these machines?I'm going to set them up this weekend and practice with them using water so that I can be ready to go when it's time for me to rack the next batches.Gaudet...please forgive me for hijacking your thread!.....How are you making out with your CL find???

Mainegal,

don't sweat it. This is friendly chit chat afterall. I am going to scavenge the useable parts from the wunderbar gun set. I have put the double regulator to use in my kegerator already. Force carbing 10 gallons of apfelwein. Should be done in a couple more days.

The easy vac unit is solid. It's the aspirator/vacuum pump I have. It works very well. You should have no problems with it. Pm me if you have any troubles. I might be able to help you out.

Latest posts

Back