Corrado's

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those of you in Jersey, I just got a call from Corrado's. They will not be getting in ANY Chilean grapes this year!

The problem is that now it is too late to get my grapes from someone else.

Have to say that I am disappointed. I spent a lot of time yesterday getting ready for crush!

Supplemental: Turns out that their entire shipment is spoiled. Their final word is that there will be no Chilean grapes this year.

Excuse me while I curl up in the fetal position and uncontrollably sob..

Last edited:
Ouch, sorry to hear about that. Your niece and nephew are going to be bummed.

What happened, a bad crop, or spoiled during shipment? That is depressing, sorry to hear it; take a Xanax if you have it.

Are they gonna have any juice pails?.....wow what a disappointment that will put a wrench in my pipeline

I know it's a long way from Fairfield but Gino Pinto's in South Jersey still has some varieties of Chilean grapes. At least their website is still indicating so. I picked 5 lugs of Carmenere last Wednesday.

If it makes you feel any better, @JohnT , I racked all 4 of mine off gross lees tonight. They are less than stellar. Yes, they are young. But at this point last fall, I KNEW my Lanza wines were going to be really good. I've got some work to do on these.

Great news, John! I was worried that you were going to have to do a batch of spring wine from Welch's! (Available all year!) ::

LOL, Not even at......

images

If it makes you feel any better, @JohnT , I racked all 4 of mine off gross lees tonight. They are less than stellar. Yes, they are young. But at this point last fall, I KNEW my Lanza wines were going to be really good. I've got some work to do on these.

Boatboy: Are you a fan of Aesop??

images

Latest posts

Back