Computers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjb222

Reaction score
Wow I had a hard drive crash on my lap top took a month to get back up and running. Nothing able to be saved from my old hard drive. I had to search my way back here google works well if you put in the right terms. By the time I got what I wanted to get done and set up it took a while. So how things?:b

Wow that really sucks! But glad to see you.

rjb222, hopefully you didn't toss your old hard drive, you can purchase a Hard Drive Enclosure (I get them from Newegg.com), you put the crashed hard drive in the enclosure, plug it into your computer with the new hard drive via a USB cable or sata cable and it will show up as an external hard drive, you can then navigate through it and recover files and pictures. I just had to do this to my mothers laptop.

rjb222, hopefully you didn't toss your old hard drive, you can purchase a Hard Drive Enclosure (I get them from Newegg.com), you put the crashed hard drive in the enclosure, plug it into your computer with the new hard drive via a USB cable or sata cable and it will show up as an external hard drive, you can then navigate through it and recover files and pictures. I just had to do this to my mothers laptop.

Yes I have the same thing it works great for doing an entire virus scan as well !!

I did the same thing Pumpkinman. I had to get some software to do it. RecoverData. worth the money. You may not need the software but I did.

It's so much easier to keep a backup of all your files. External hard drives are cheap. I have two - a time machine backup and a drive that is mirrored. If my HD fails I just boot from the external drive until I can get it replaced.

ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS

vernsgal said:
I use a mac so I'm not sure what you guys are talking about ;)

Funny. 2 of my Macs are having hard drive problems right now. :p

(The 2 oldest ones that have outlived a good 8 PCs.... So I guess I shouldn't complain?)

Thanks folks. I have the hard drive and a back up of it. now need to get a pro to get my files into the new format. The crash happened the last couple days before I was going to take a level 1 sommelier course and I was emailing here there and every where making final arrangements. I walked into the local Staples and pointed at a new laptop and took it home. I did not look at the operating system it is windows 8 so a lot different to find and import from. I do not mind it now getting better. But my old system was a first addition windows 7 booted up from vista so my files are on office and simply accounting and I am having my own issues getting them into the 2013 copies of those programs. Booked for next week to have that done.

Havent had that problem in quite a long time now Dan, funny, ever since I stopped going on Facebook!!!! HUH

Latest posts

Back