Compete noob checking in from NC

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super_n00b

complete and total newb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After lurking for a bit I decided to to go ahead and sign up. I acquired some stuff from my uncle since he use to make is own wine.

Before that I stopped by Advantage Beer and Wine in Hickory/Longview area in NC, and the fella that runs the place Mike, he really sparked my interest. Plus with the current crazyness going on with the current market of guns and ammo I'm picking up a different hobby.

So I got a 5 gallon primary fermenting buck, a 1 gallon glass bottle, airlock, hydrometer, and syphin tube.

I'm looking at starting off just doing small (1 gallon) batches to get the feel for everything since I'm currently on a strict budget. Them later on jumping up to larger batches.

Also going to start of with juice concentrates (unless its a bad idea) them eventually do from completely stratch stuff.

But tomorrow I'm probably taking all the stuff I have and meeting up with Mike at advantage beer and wine and finish getting the stuff I need to get the ball a rollin.

Sounds great and welcome to the non lurker side of the forums. Of course, if ya need anything or want to talk about what you are working on please share!

Dang that was quick lol.

Thanks for the welcome and if I have any question I will be sure to ask since I really don't want to screw up to bad lol.

I thought wine drinkers were intelligent, not any more, its the wine makers that are intelligent.
These are some very knowledgeable wine makers, and will help you all they can.
Welcome to an addicting hobby.

Thanks again everyone. My username explains it all when it comes to wine and wine making.

It is going to be one helluva learning curve lol

Latest posts

Back