Color in fermenter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernColony

Reaction score
The last one-gallon batch left its coloring in my six-gallon primary fermenter. Is this a common occurrence or is the bucket ruined?

The last one-gallon batch left its coloring in my six-gallon primary fermenter. Is this a common occurrence or is the bucket ruined?
For me, it is not common, but I principally make kits. But it probably depends on what material your primary is made from and what wine you were making.

Steve

Leaving color behind is not common at least for a relatively new fermenter that is not all scratched up inside.
If it does, it should come off easily with oxi clean (non-bleach).
What kind of 6 gallon fermenter do you have? Food grade?

This was a parsley wine made using parsley, oranges, and lemons, and the fermenter is a new food-grade bucket. It's left behind a reddish tinge which appears to be more than skin deep (Oxi-Clean doesn't appear to be taking it out). So I guess my question is still whether this is just a cosmetic issue or if the plastic is somehow contaminated.

Use it! Mine has some slight discoloration from previous batches. I've not noticed any problems changing the next batch entered.

Latest posts

Back