CLEANING CARBOYS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
I had to re do4 carboys this week because they were not properly cleaned.3 had a bit of something left over from the last time they were used. I can see where I must be even more thorough in my cleanups.
That can be easily solved by being a lot more meticulous. I am also rigging up a short hose to the sink to allow me to rinse more thoroughly.

FINALLY HERE IS MY LAST UNSOLVED PROBLEM

I see spots in the 3 gallon carboys. I have just purchased the carboy dryer which helps but i am wondering if there is something i can rinse with that will cause the water to run out instead of droplets clinging to the side of the carboy while it is in the upside down position in the drying position.

I just finished one and got it to be sparkling by turning it ever which way for a day or two to get all the water out.

Any tips here please.

Scotty...
Sounds like you need a carboy brush[item # 4780]..and a faucet jet washer [item # 4796] in the Fine Vine Wines catalog...
We use them both with good success...Our jet washer is steel and it does squirt right to the bottom of the carboys, imagine the one George has would too.

I have 2 carboy brushes. The leftovers were because of carelessness the first time. My concern now is the droplets of water that seem to take forever to dry.

Thanks for the reply
smiley1.gif

Also, when drying, after they've drained, turn them right side up, roll them a bit on their sides and then tip them upside down again. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back