Christmas wine making toys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade, your setup got me thinking. I bet a shop-vac could replace the vacuum pump as a suction source in a setup like that. I've got a small $40 wet/dry vac that does a very good job of sucking up water on the garage floor, so I would guess that it could power a setup like yours. If nothing else, i bet that with a few fittings i could use it for degassing.

Time to experiment!

wade: cheater!...

i think i'm going to check harbor freight and see if they've got one of those.

and also i'll give you a list of what my Girly.....

l_910edafd536e79130cfd0c60e8b8a32a.jpg

.....got me for christmas. since thats basically why i'm even here at all :)

i didnt even think to ask for it but i guess i'd been talking about it since we met.

she bought me:

7 or 8 gallon primary
6 gallon carboy
bung/airlock
bottle brush and carboy brush
hydrometer and thermometer
racking tubes and hoses
joys of home winemaking by Terry Garey.

since, i have gotten supplies i needed to start my first batch

misc. ingredients
nylon mesh bags
couple solid bungs for carboy storage
long stainless steel spoon

and my sister bought me a portuguese floor corker.....and put it in a victoria's secret bag.....

i grabbed a couple old bottles and my girlfriend has two decorative wine glasses filled with old corks. found some that weren't tore up and that thing works slick!!!!

i love it! i pulled the cork out with her Metranoke VIP Rabbit i got her for christmas just so i could put it back in a couple times.

we also got a Haier electric corkscrew. it works well but it tears the cork up quite a bit because of the way its designed to work. good for people with arthritis though. 1 button to pull the cork, no pulling tugging or pushing. then when its free you just push the other button and the cork unscrews itself.

hope everyone else had a great christmas and new year. i know i did.

You have quite the Fox there and she sure can shop too! Twissty, that vacuum you have will probably rack a wine as it doesnt take much vacuum to do that, not sure about degassing though as it requires much more vacuum for that and if it does becareful that you dont go too far, you should put a gauge on it as more then 25: may implode a carboy!

Back