Christmas Wine Gift's

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which wine to give away for Christmas

• The best you have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The good wine

• The wine you don't like

• The special wine

• The wine that went bad

• Total voters

Angell Wine

Reaction score
With Christmas just 3 months away, it's now time to brew that special wine that everybody wants. So be honest withabout the wine you give away for Christmas.

We usually SHARE thebest wine but give away the good wine. Bert made some bad wine (smells like burnt tires) and I won't drink that. I always remember that my reputation is riding on my wines!
smiley9.gif

I probably won't give wine away but will sure bring it out when people are over. More fun to share that way!!!!! If I could make enough to cellar and save , yes I would give away my best!!!!!

Ramona

Last year I gave away some green apple Riesling forChristmas presents. Well this year everybody demanded that I give them some more, I started batch about two weeks ago. Then my wife toldher Friends that I making some; She gave that away.SO TONIGHT I STARTED MY SECOND BATCH for my Friends and family. Merry Christmas to all.

I just ordered a Red Ice wine to make for next Christmas, and my 15% blueberry should be aged just fine by then, 1 1/2 years, it works out well for me cause I'm a beer drinker.

I don't make a super large quantity of any one wine but make a large varity. In 2006 I went crazy making wines 22+ in all. I will have 4 due in December so that will be what I give away. I like to make a basket with a couple different splits some Petit Jean ham and peppered bacon etc. My wines don't stay on my wine shelfs long. They are very popular.

I have a cranberry for the holidays,and I also have plenty of 1 and 2 year old wines to give for gifts.I tend to keep the best ones,and serve them at home.With close to 400 bottles in the basement,I can afford to turn loose of some.
lockdude

Latest posts

Back