Christmas Wine 2008

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travisty

Reaction score
So last year I started a new family tradition of starting a wine kit on Christmas Eve. Last year we did the MM Renaissance Chilean Malbec. We bottled it on father's day in honor of my dad who picked the kit but then passed away before he had a chance to really taste the final product. We'll be drinking our Malbec while we start this year's kit, a Cellar Craft Showcase Amarone! This will be my first kit with a grape pack. I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a pic of the label design we're using. My brother made it. He made it a bit too big (it doesn't look quite right on the bottles) but we'll shrink it down for this year's batch.
smiley1.gif
Of course there's a bit of meaning behind the label. Our last name is Loewens, which is a variation of the german word for lion, hence the name Lion's Share and the lion on the label. The mountains are there because my brother has really gotten into hiking mountain trails and whatnot lately and always wanted to hike to the peak of a mountain with our dad.

20081215_132816_winelabelLSsmal.JPG

Beautiful!!!!

Enjoy the wine with your family and toast the lost One.

Start another in His honor.

What a great tradition!
smiley32.gif
A good activity for the family, instead of just sitting. Now if you can only get someone to buy the kit for you every year!
smiley2.gif

Thats gonna be a hard wine to beat with such a great tradition started.

Beautiful label there, sorry to hear about your dad.

Thanks everyone. I think we're all looking forward to this year's kit.

I'm sure that toast's will abound!
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back