Chocolate Oatmeal Coffee Stout

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzachareas

Reaction score
A few days ago I started what is supposed to be the mother of all milkshakes.

Sparge.jpg

GrainBed.jpg

</span></span>
I'll keep you posted on how it turns out since I made the recipe from scratch and had a lot of fun with it.</span><a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CZach%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">

</a>

Yeah the last batch was delicious! But I made some changes to make the final SG higher and give it a little more flavor.

Transferred to the secondary sooner than usual, the SG stayed at 1.028 for a few days! I have high hopes that this will in fact be a milkshake.

Transfer.jpg

Secondary.jpg

What kind of coffee did you add?
I have made a Choc/Oatmeal Stout but not one w/ coffee.

A dark french roast
I cold extract it for 24 hours and then put it in right before bottling. I pour it through a funnel with a coffee filter in it to keep the grounds out. I've found that cold extraction keeps the acid low on the coffee. It's amazing!

Bottled her up today, smelled amazing, very chocolately. FG 1.028!! I think I finally made the milk shake I have been after. I'll let you guys know in a few weeks how it turned out.

OG 1.068. I was aiming for sweet because it's the only beer my wife will drink. I'm a much bigger fan of IPA's but she gives me an excuse to brew and drink(enjoy
smiley2.gif
) these sweet heavy stouts. I did a clone of New Belgium's 1554 black ale and she loved it, as did I, it was amazing!

It is amazing, by far the second best beer I have ever made. The other being an IPA I brewed a few months ago that I'm going to brew again this month. I have a buddies that don't brew but want to now so they can make this stout. I love this hobby.

As it has aged, it is the best beer I have ever made. I only have two left and it's getting better and better. I think I will bulk age the next one so I can't drink all of it before it is ready.

Latest posts

Back