Chilean Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdelli

Reaction score
Made a trip to Youngstown yesterday and picked up some Malbec and Syrah from Luva Bella. Tonight I added my enzymes and Oak chips. I also kept a few bags of presses grapes I froze from the fall harvest. Tomorrow night the yeast get's pitched! Tasted pretty good....

And away we go!!!! Spring kick-off/tip-off/face-off/first pitch!!! Not stealing the thread as I am picking up my juice on Friday too, but revisiting another question. Oak at fermentation, or after stabilization in to aging??? Having talked with several commercial winemakers I've come to the conclusion that, like so many other steps in the winemaking process, it happens to be a matter of personal preference. Have not heard any rock solid info for either way. Not calling for a poll/vote but would like to hear some opinions. :a1

Oak chips or dust during primary fermentation. You don't stabilize your wine until you're ready to bottle so it would be too late to add it then. Oak Spirals after racking off complete fermentation and beginning the aging process.

Oak chips or dust during primary fermentation. You don't stabilize your wine until you're ready to bottle so it would be too late to add it then. Oak Spirals after racking off complete fermentation and beginning the aging process.

I agree! Seems to work best for me...

Pitched yeast with a re-hydrate... Tonight it is going already!

Back