Chilean Juice at Consumers in Pittsburgh

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I work third shift. I usually try to get to sleep right when i get home. I've been emailing but understand they are probably super busy right now.

Yea, they are very busy, I haven't dealt with them a lot but last fall I know I had to call around 8 am to talk to Ron.

Hi Doug,

I got the Chilean juice bucket of muscat from Lva Bella and it was adjusted for ph, acid and sugar, I left it alone. It fermented nicely and now is clearing very nicely. I will take an acid reading probably next week. I think you can let this stuff go ahead and ferment and do any adjustment after fermentation.

Thanks Julie, I appreciate the info. What yeast did you use? Any need for peptic enzyme?

Thanks Julie, I appreciate the info. What yeast did you use? Any need for peptic enzyme?

Mine was already innoculated with yeast, they used 1118. Look on the bucket it should say if yeast has been added. I got a Montepulciano from Comsumers last fall and didn't look so I added yeast but when I was washing out the bucket I noticed that it was marked that yeast was added.

I got 4 Chilean Juice buckets from Consumers Produce yesterday. Taking SG readings today 3 are 1.080 - 1.090 but the Pinot Grigio is .995??? Like it already has finished fermenting. It is also very milky/hazy looking. Any ideas?

Just reading the thread again. I picked up my pinot grigio last friday. Thed SG was 1.088. I would definately say that has fermented out and agree witht the other recommendations to place in carboy under airlock. I let mine warm up and pitched yeast even though the bucket says may contain sulfites and yeast. The commercial yeast should over come the natural yeast and I did add enzyme to all buckets based on a recommendation from another winemaker when I first ventured into Juice buckets a year ago.

Mine was already innoculated with yeast, they used 1118. Look on the bucket it should say if yeast has been added. I got a Montepulciano from Comsumers last fall and didn't look so I added yeast but when I was washing out the bucket I noticed that it was marked that yeast was added.

Julie,
Did you use the 1118 for the Muscat juice?

Latest posts

Back