Checking In

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James

Reaction score
Have not posted in a while so just thought I would update my wine making activities.

Started my first MM Masters Edition Sun. (Pinot Grigio). I had fermentation starting 12 hours after pitching the yeast. Now it is really smokin' (figure of speech) and the raisons are plump and floating. Would this kit be a good one for "batonnage"? I did batonnage with the LE Australian Verdelho and it is excellent and disappearing fast.

I bottled Santa Ynez Syrah (Crusendo) a month a go and have not tasted. It bulk aged for 6 months. I added 1 American Oak spiral for 6 weeks during the aging process.

I have WE LE Shiraz,WE LE Gren/Mour,WE LE Span. Tempranillo/Cab. and MM Old Vines Zin bulk aging. MM ME Amorone, WE Chenin Blanc on deck.

Can't wait to see what the LE kits will be next year. Wife and I will be empty nested next year, maybe we will see everyone at Winestock!

Wow James, those are some impressive kits you have going. Sorry I do not know the answer to your battonage q.

Wow!!! Nice wines you have going there. I made the Santa Ynez Syrah....excellent!!! Hope you can make it to Winestock. It was a great time last year and promises to be even better this year!!!

Ramona

Welcome back James and I would think the Pinot Grigio could only benefit from the battonage technique.

Back