Cellar Craft Cellar Craft International Showcase Barbera

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo46307

Reaction score
With grape skin pack...

So my Step-daughter and her husband took me out for my birthday a couple months ago to this place...blatant plug warning... Cooper's Hawk Winery

They belong to the wine club and just rave about the wine and the food, (I got them making their own wine this year, but unlike me...they're letting everything age:d). We had an hour to wait for the table, so we did some wine tasting. I had never had a Barbera before, their offering is a 2007, and after tasting most of the reds, I ordered one bottle with dinner and took 2 home.

That's my backstory. This will be my first kit started for 2012, it's been travelling for the past week so it needs to acclimate to room temperature. This is yet another red I pledge to bulk age (along with my WE Spanish Tempranillo, and probably a WE Nero Di' Avola I'll pick up later next month).

I'll post the particulars this weekend when I start...

Peace,
Bob

Last edited:
If this is the Limited Release I am sure you will be happy. Give it the time it deserves to mature (18-24 mo) an you will be one happy camper for sure!

If this is the Limited Release I am sure you will be happy. Give it the time it deserves to mature (18-24 mo) an you will be one happy camper for sure!

Well CRAP! I just checked and it is a limited release...I might have to order another before they're all gone.

Peace,
Bob

:u

Initial SG was 1.088, checked it again 12 hours later and was up to 1.096. It is happily bubbling away right now. Will be stirring and squeezing the grape pack everyday till it's done.

Peace,
Bob

The SG went up because of the grape pack. It takes a few hours before its contents will show well on the hydrometer.
Barbera is a very nice wine. You should be very happy with that kit IF you let it acquire the age it deserves.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back