Bonjour!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francois_du_nord

Fermenting Trough Wiper
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Just rolling in to this august community and fascinating hobby.

Couple of months ago made the 'mistake' of asking for a bit of advice at the local brew store on some acid blend for a first time gallon of mead. "You're going to need to talk to the wine guy, he knows about all that stuff."

Next thing I know, I'm leaving with the WE LE 2013 Oregon Pinot. Full circle:

20 years ago I walked into the local brew shop with the intent of making some wine, thought the better of it (can i really make a wine I'd want to drink??), and started a beer brewing obsession.

Didn't want to blow my first effort on an irreplaceable kit, so 2 weeks ago fired up a WE Trinity White as a first. Racked to secondary last weekend, and tonight got my second batch into the primary the WE Trinity Red. Both of these are just going straight to bottle.

I'll probably get the Pinot going in mid July or so, after I get a Cider into bottles and have freed up some carboys for bulk aging. Next batch after that might be a 46 liter ferment on a big red, debating whether I'm ready for skins or not.

Thanks for the tips and pointers, I'll be lurking here and there and asking a question or two as appropriate.

Best, Fran.

Welcome aboard!

Just from reading your post I can tell you'd have had no problem starting with the LE kit had you decided to taske it on.

Thanks for the warm welcome gang! Not to worry, I will certainly be asking for assistance here and there. I've been researching incessantly for about the last month and a half, already thinking about how I'm going to step up to the next level.

Best, Fran

Latest posts

Back