New Winemaker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dridas

Junior
Reaction score
From SoCal. I made my first batch of wine nearly 25 years ago, and then life got busy.

Starting back in the hobby about 2 weeks ago, and realized how much things have changed - no screening the yellow pages for a local brew/wine place. I used to have to drive to Atlanta GA from Beaufort, SC to buy bottles, kits, etc. The internet sure made things a bit easier....but also overwhelming with information. So, I have 2 kits fermenting right now - a Pinot Noir and a Cabernet Sauvignon. That led me here!

I'm probably going to do another batch in a few weeks - Petite Sirah from grape must. I've been working on a temperature monitoring system that sends the data to a database that gets displayed on a digital picture frame. Next up is trying to capture counting bubbles produced in the airlock to determine speed of fermentation. Funny how we can blend hobbies

Welcome to WMT!
I started last October just to reduce my wine purchases and stretch my retirement dollars. Found this wonderful site and now I have to seriously think about storage.

I know what you mean about blending hobbies. This has become a science project for me.

Amen to the above. Questions are always welcome, usually others have the same questions!

Latest posts

Back