Chardonnay Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pracz

Reaction score
Hi all -

I am new to the forum and am just getting back into wine making after about a 10 year hiatus. It sure seems like the kits have improved over the years. I am starting out easy with two MM kits (Renaissance Old Vine Cab and Pinot Noir). George recommended them and can't wait to get them fermenting!

Now for my question to you all. My wife likes oaked chardonnays similar to Kendall Jackson. Can you recommend a kit that will produce that type of chardonnay?

Thanks to all for your recommendations!

Regards,

Pete

Welcome aboard! Here is a chardonnay that has a heavy oak preparation. I have this aging, but preliminary taste tests
smiley1.gif
indicate that it is going to be wonderful. BTW, it is a wine of the month!

<t></t><t></t><table id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">RE016
</td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Cmmren_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Chardonnay - Australian

An elegant wine with rich aromas of honey,
tropical fruits and ripe apples off the tree.
</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$126.99</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$114.29 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center"><a href="http://www.finevinewines.com/Wine_Making_Catalog_Comments.asp" target="_blank">Wine
of the Month</a> </td></tr></t></table>

Thanks, Admiral. I appreciate the recommendation. Have you by chance made the Cab or Pinot Noir from this kit? Just curious.

Regards,

Pete

No, I haven't. But I have seen many posts by others who have. I have never seen a negative post.
smiley1.gif

pracz,
You can get an oaked chard from the kits using supplemental oak.I like an oaky chard (also an unoaked chard
smiley36.gif
!) so have beenadding supplemental oak during secondaryand extending lees contact. It was good enough the first time we tried it to repeat.

I have that one as well and it is going to be like Cambell's Soup. Mmm Mmm Good!

admiral said:
Welcome aboard! Here is a chardonnay that has a heavy oak prepation.  I have this aging, but preliminary taste tests 
smiley1.gif
indicate that it is going to be wonderful.  BTW, it is a wine of the month!

Back