Challenge - $5 gal of wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet the local Perkins would let anyone have all of their Jelly Packets they wanted. A few weeks back the local Comfort Inn and Perkins along with a microbrewery had a major fire which started in the pool area- seems strange- all that water and there is a fire!

I have faith in Scuba Man. I am sure that he is in his basement working out the finer points.
smiley23.gif

I am betting Scuba can make a decent $4.50 wine. We should have a Poll.
smiley4.gif

Scuba has been so busy with that $5.00 wine that he has not had time to check in with us sense Dec. 13th. You go Scuba.
( I hope that he is not in jail for stealing grapes!)Edited by: Rocky Top

Rofl. The last page of posts have really made me laugh. Didn't know you guys followed my progression so closely :). A lot of what I post here is in theory when I randomly wake up at 4am and think damn I should post this question. Lol Inow actually have to try and make this because inquiring minds on here need to know :). I was thinking, how many packets of sugar would it take from McDonald's needed to make one gallon of this.

Scuba

Scuba after you collect all your stuff please post picture before starting the batch. I can only imagine your labels for this one.
smiley14.gif
this is gona be great!!

LolI need to start daily visits to McDonald's to get enough sugar for this :). How many jelly packets are we talking here? How do I add them to the must just dump it in? Or add it to the hot water when dissolving the sugar?
Scuba

Are you going to ferment this one "on the skins" scuba or will you extract the fruit from the packet
smiley36.gif

Appleman, maybe Joan can make a label for Scuba's Scrounge Wine 2009!!
smiley4.gif

The sugar packets are 4 grams per packet, so you need about 200 or so of them per gallon, depending on how much jelly you use. I think the jelly packages vary dependin on flavor so you will need to snag one and check the size.

PS.- If you visit McDonalds enough times to make this, you will spend a lot more than $5 per gallon and pack on the ole pounds pretty good!
smiley36.gif

My good man, I will send you the ingredients just so you will stay out of Mickey D's, it's a bad place. Then you will have a $0.00 jug of wine
smiley37.gif

Scott, It is not the money, it is the idea of it.

If Scuba can pull this off and stay out of jail. We could start a newcategory in the wine competitions. "Scuba Man'sscrounge Wine div."
smiley36.gif

$5.00 for the wine.

$6.80 to ship the wine to the comp.

$50.00 for the entrance fee ( the extra fee is for the judges for having to drink some of the less desirable wines .
smiley36.gif
)Edited by: Rocky Top

I'm not going to order anything at McDonald's, I'm just going to walk in grab some sugar and leave :).
For the jelly packets, do I need the ones that come in like the little squeeze tubes or can I get the ones that are out on the tables at like Bob Evans. the little plastic type boxes of jelly? I don't know if those will work because of the preservatives.

ScubaEdited by: Scubaman2151

Scuba....I think you'll need 3-4 pounds of jam or jelly if you decide to make that kind of wine.....That's a lot of packages of jelly.

You might be better off using some frozen juice concentrates....they are pretty sweet and if you use 3 cans won't need much sugar.

If you wait till summer you can scrounge some wild fruit and only need sugar as well as 'the usual cast of characters' needed to make wine.

Either way....start gathering supplies...sugar packages or what ever...

Don't get caught with your hand in the cookie jar...
smiley3.gif

Latest posts

Back