Centerpiece

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully something like "where are the glasses???". Or maybe even "where there's little ones, there's big ones too!!!" Very nice and all in all it should dictate the conversation

We recently moved to Kentucky and as people came over I didn't really give it much thought until my wife wondered what people thought... Although at that time there were several much bigger carboys bubbling away.

Patrick

My mom kinda freaked the first time she saw a line of 5 Gallon Carboys bubbling away on the counter. I suppose if people have never seen it, they must think you're super-sciencey, or maybe mad-scientisty.

I had like 6 different buckets fermenting in my downstairs kitchen. One of my girlfriends came over looked at one fermenting and it was so bad looking to her, she almost puked...lol she thought it was something from the seafood company that was bad.....
Any how she said she could not stay and smell it, so I told her to leave.
I love the smell of fermenting.

I had like 6 different buckets fermenting in my downstairs kitchen. One of my girlfriends came over looked at one fermenting and it was so bad looking to her, she almost puked...lol she thought it was something from the seafood company that was bad.....
Any how she said she could not stay and smell it, so I told her to leave.
I love the smell of fermenting.

Heck yeah, you do get accustomed to the smell. We didn't like the smell to begin with and ended up moving the first batches to the closet upstairs so it wasn't all up in the house. And some of them smell downright DELICIOUS fermenting! DB, Island Dragon and Blueberry pomegranate are my faves thus far, the Strawberry Smucker's smelled pretty good, but I'm having a heckuva time getting that puppy to finish. Boo!

Oh yes... The smell is something that does take getting used to. When I visited the Wild Turkey distillery I really thought it smelled better than the first distillery I visited years ago. I think it's an acquired smell.

Actually my daughter said she thought it must be what a meth lab would look like. No clue. But no propane is required...

Patrick

Dawg, what can i say...i live on an island where there is 3 women for every one man..I have a big house, big pool, single,i am retired, and every one wants to get into the will....lol....

ImageUploadedByWine Making1391390570.570547.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1391390606.376601.jpg

Its more then half empty and my camera takes grainy pitchures! Its an apple, mixed fruit, elderberry wine. The bottle holds 7 wine bottles of wine. ImageUploadedByWine Making1391390813.839567.jpg
Here is one I took a while ago when empty. Its much more fun then those wine on tap boxes!

Back