Cellarmasters 41st

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC TonyT entered this one and thought highly of it. Hopefully he will pop in as I think I will enter this one as well.

This may be a stupid question, but so you need to have a fancy label on it? I haven't gotten that far in my winemaking as I use labels I can write all my info on since it's pretty much just be drinking it. But I have a cyser I was thinking about entering to get some feedback on and don't want to sabotage myself for something so trivial.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Actually the instructions say no labels or shrink caps or wax is allowed. They want nothing to make a wine "identifiable" in any way to a judge.

Each wine should be 'labeled' with the name of the winemaker, class, subclass and varietal. No 'fancy labels'. :D

That's fantastic. I'm not all that artsy on a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

A little more than 2 weeks to get your entries in. Anyone playing this year?

I'm thinking of entering a couple. There are probably 4 that I'm considering, but would likely do no more than 2.

Funny, I was just reading their site and printed out the entry form. Think I'll enter 2012 blackberry merlot and 2012 Nectarine. Just got some really good reviews on the merlot from an unbiased and knowledgeable wine guy.
Best of luck to everyone who enters.
Mike

I was waiting for the weather to cool down in SOCAL but I gave up. I think they had a few cool days last week but I missed the shipping window......

I've entered this competition several times and took best of show one year. This is a great competition and wine club. I thought so much of their website I actually joined their club for the newsletters. I'm not a big fan of $30 a bottle competitions at all.

IIRC TonyT entered this one and thought highly of it. Hopefully he will pop in as I think I will enter this one as well.

Gosh this thread has gotten complete past me. Yes, I have entered Cellarmasters for the past two or three years. I have the highest regard for them. I have metaled and felt extremely proud to have done so up against folks that have access to some of the finest grapes in the world. They also have access to a very large pool of wine experts and knowledgeable enthusiasts as judges.

Now I better get my self home and choose a couple bottles to send in today.

I wish this forum had a notification for when someone mentioned your name like FB. Maybe one of the mods will tee that up to the big boss.:a1

I'm considering entering a kit wine. But I'm confused about the categories. it says:
ENTRY CLASSIFICATIONS
Enter wines by: Class – Subclass – Wine Variety
Example: “1 – d – Cabernet Sauvignon” OR “2 – b – Chardonnay”
Note: Varietal Wine (wine made from a specific grape or fruit) should be 75% or more of the listed varietal.
Note: “Estate” wine must be 95% or more fruit grown on the same property.
Class 1: DRY RED GRAPE – VINIFERA
Subclass:
a – Blends
b – Barbera
c – Cabernet Franc
d – Cabernet Sauvignon
e – Carignane
f – Grenache
g – Malbec
h – Merlot
i – Mourvedre
j – Nebbiolo
k – Petite Sirah
l -Pinot Noir
m – Sangiovese/Brunello
n – Syrah
o -Zinfandel
p – Other Varietal
q –Kits and concentrates

So would a Shiraz/Viognier kit just be a dry red category with a sub class Q then a Shiraz/Viognier variety?

Also, it does say the wine can have a label as long as it's standard size and not around the neck.

Latest posts

Back