Cellar/Workroom basement is finished

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thig

Reaction score
All I have to do now is stock it and put a few decorative pieces around. The bar is standard 42" height but seems a little high. I have hot and cold water down there and central heating and air. It is hard to get a good picture of the racks I built because the bay area has a concrete block column blocking the view. Everything is up on pavers because the basement occasionally has a little water in it.

IMAG0146s.jpg

IMAG0147s.jpg

IMAG0148s.jpg

IMAG0149s.jpg

Very nice setup. Can't wait to see the racks full of bottles.

Very nice work, Thig. What is on the floor (the green stuff)?

The floor is concrete and was painted with a latex paint made for painting concrete floors. In the past I had serious water problems down there but I believe I have most of that under control now.

Very nice.

I love the shop light. I have two similar in my garage. Did you happen to get that at Sears?

Very nice setup just need to get some wine in it. :) i need that light for my pool table.

Very nice.

I love the shop light. I have two similar in my garage. Did you happen to get that at Sears?

I got the shop light at Home Depot, $29. Very nice bright light, diamond plate.

Thig nice job. You have a lot to be proud of. How does the Mrs feel about it?

She loves it but there was a trade off, the total finished basement is a 24 x 20 ft. I got 12 x 20 for the cellar and she got 12 x 20 for her gardening tools and work with a wall to separate the two. Now if I can just get her to grow something I can ferment. All kidding aside she is very supportive of my hobby.

Finished? Ha. reread that in a year and laugh.

Yes, I believe in a year's time you will need to find a creative way to annex your wife's portion of the basement..

Here is my suggestion. Have the wall that separates the two areas adjustable. Each month you move the wall about an inch or so (so she does not notice). In no time, you will have plenty of roo for that 1,500 liter SSVC tank!

Back