Cellar Metrics

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Members often ask about software programs for keeping track of their wines. I came across this one the other day. It seems to be designed for the serious home winemaker or start-up winery. It covers every possible step I can think about from grapes to glass. I posted a link to the webpage. Has anyone else purchased this yet. I am interested in hearing comments about it.

Disclaimer: I have not purchased this yet but thinking about it. I do not have any personal ties to the owner/developer.

http://cellarmetrics.com/

Very interesting. Most definitely designed for a a serious operation, but the feature set is very comprehensive. I don't have any connection to the company either, but I'm a software guy by trade, and I can see that this is more than a hack.

I'm just building a much more simplified spreadsheet to track my meager needs. But I'm all of 3 months into my grape fermentation exploits.

Looks really nice, but is far more than I need. At that price though, it is tempting.

Has anyone come across any other products similar to this? I'd like to cross compare before purchasing.
I've played around with Cellar Metrics and it's very comprehensive, although there are a few tweaks that would make it better. It rounds figures to the nearest dollar instead of exact cents (not helpful). Also the 'In Stock' feature doesn't function properly without a LOT of adjustments on your part.

Rounding up, etc.

Hi,

I'm not aware of what you are referring to when you say CellarMetrics rounds up to whole dollars. I've been careful to preserve expense figures without this, but if you have found a spot that doesn't I'd appreciate hearing about where it is so I can fix it.

Also curious as to what you mean by lots of adjustments in the "In Stock" feature.

I'm quite happy to hear about user's experiences, hopefully this can make the program better.

Cheers,
Phil
Cellarmetrics.com

CM update

Turns out Codeman is correct, both bugs have now been fixed. New sample files are on the website and new versions of the Full Program and Upgrades will appear shortly. Version will be 1.04

Thanks Codeman

Phil
Cellarmetrics.com

A significant upgrade of CellarMetrics has just been released, version 1.1. It brings Barrel Management to the program. Log in your barrels and assign them to Batches to track how much oak those Batches receive. Additionally, total days of usage for all barrels is constantly monitored. Additional improvements include auto-calculation of fermentation additives and refinements to Reminders to speed data entry.

I hope all of you using CellarMetrics will find the new features to be valuable additions to the program.

Cheers and good luck with harvest,
Phil
Cellarmetrics.com

Codeman
I use Amphora, I like it and have been using it for a couple years now. I cannot comment on cellarmetrics, have not used it, But you asked about alternatives.

Kevin

One thing I have found is the varietal modification does not work as it should. First of all none of the varieties I use are in the list, so I deleted them. Once I did that I click the add to list, but it won't let me change or add anything. If I click select it puts a blank on the form. If I enter a variety there, it does not store in the list. I hope I am doing something wrong and you can point it out to me.

Just tested by deleting all of the varietals, then hitting the Add button. Worked OK for me, but one thing that may not be obvious is that after hitting Add, the new line must be clicked in once in order to start entering text.

Cheers,

Back