Cellar Craft Cellar Craft 2011 LR Marsanne-Viognier-Roussanne

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wine is not a sippin' wine like a Pinot Gris etc. Definitely a food wine. I would think a good Chardonnay would work pretty good. I had tried this blend at a winery in WA State before hand so I knew what it was like and what to expect. This stuff was just as good as the commercial winery bottle I tried in fact this is better as I made it. The commercial stuff was ~$20 a bottle at the winery.

It's a shame this is not part of the regular lineup. It sounds like something I definitely would have enjoyed to make. Maybe it will show up again in the future?

The LR whites are usually not your normal lot of varietal wines (at least with Cellar Craft). Last years CC LR White was a Sauv Blanc, Chardonnay, Sémillon blend. I just got around to making that bad boy back in December and even though its only 5 months old its incredible. I find the blends to be much more interesting than a pure varietal which you can pick up any time. The LR White wines are commercial quality all the way.

Latest posts

Back