Cellar Craft CC Walla Walla Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moto-girl

Reaction score
I just bottled this tonight, and had a glass left over. The mouthfeel is like a commercial wine. There is quite a bit of fruit; berries and stuff. It is finishing a little hot still. I started this in Oct. 07 and have bulk aged until tonight. I am planning on stashing this in the magic closet for another year, but will check on it in 6 months. Its really good right now, but I think aging it for a time will make it fantastic.
I actually made this kit for my husband and he is in class right now. I dont think the "sample" will survive until he gets home. Thats a lot of will power, we'll see..........
smiley36.gif

Thank you for posting your review of this wine. I need to make my father a merlot, but I'm backed up in kits waiting for a vacant carboy. I'll keep this kit in mind. Is this the CC Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot, or the CC Washington Merlot?Edited by: dfwwino

This is the CC Walla Walla Washington Merlot. I did use some restrait last night and saved half of the glass for my sweeetie. By the time he got home it had opened up even more and he thought it was fantastic. I did sneak a sip and I would say it is a drinkable kit at one year; it compared to some 25 to 30 dollar bottles I have had. But I'm still going to stash it away in the magic closet. I'm sure its going to get better.

moto-girl, that one sounds like a jammy goodness merlot!! yummy!!
smiley4.gif

I made the CC Two Latitude Merlot that was a limited in 2007 which is a blend of Napa Valley and Walla Walla Valley merlot and it is excellent. I entered it in a local wine contest and it got first place out of the 50 red wines entered.

hey
what's a magic closet?
what have you done?
tell me more - - -
thanx
rrawhide

Rawhide, I just put the wine away and 'forget' about it for another 6 months or so. It's magic when I remember it and the wine has matured and gotten so much better. That's my voodoo. That and I make motocycle noises. If I can't ride my bike, I imitate it's sound to get through the winter months. Really, whatever gets me through the day.
smiley36.gif

Well, for now its the quite vroom vroom of my beemer. But when feeling sassy I break out the rattle-rattle roar of the Ducati. It's such a gorgeous sound, nothing like it. We've had 16 inches of snow already and I miss my bikes!

Sometimes in the off season (winter), we go the the garage and sit on the bikes, drink adult beverages and reminise about warm weather and upcoming trips. Ahhhhhhh, winter in Wisconsin.

moto-girl said:
Sometimes in the off season (winter), we go the the garage and sit on the bikes, drink adult beverages and reminise about warm weather and upcoming trips. Ahhhhhhh, winter in Wisconsin.

You guys are Rebels!

All that snow, just break out the sleds.

Right now its 40 degrees and raining, with the highs tomorrow topping out at 18. I'm looking for my skates :)

I know how ya feel, had to put the cover on my bike out in the garage. Riding season offically over
smiley19.gif
. Until it hits 40-45*
smiley20.gif
. -4* here this morning.

Do you make motorcycle noises while you are riding? Maybe that's why I wear full face helmet.

Yes,I do wear a full face helmet. first for safety, and second to make all the vroom-vroom noises I can stand. It's also good for singing (no one to hear you). And if another driver is busy talking on their cell phone you can say what you please as loud as you please and no one will know. That is unless their window is down. Oops.

Ok, we opened a bottle of this last night. Wow, it's fantastic. Jammy, blackberries, smooth and soft. It's a winner for sure.

Has it been 6 months already?

Glad it turned out "fantastic", will put it on my list to make.

Get many miles on the bike yet?

Well, I picked up a new toy this spring. A Buell S3T. Wow, it's soooo my favorite. I've put a little over 1000miles so far. But, I'm on vacation next week, so the plan is to do some riding. The other bikes think I'm cheating on them; I only have eyes for the new one. How about you?

Latest posts

Back