Cellar Craft CC Reserve Cabernet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milwood

Reaction score
I have a 5 week CC Cabernet that I racked to the secondary on March 23rd. The instructions say it should be in secondary for about 12 days. It is now April 26th and I am still getting bubbles. The SG readings are consistently at .997 but it is still bubbling. Has anyone experienced this one before? I am tempted to go ahead and move forward with the next step but I know I am supposed to wait until I am no longer getting any bubbling action. It's not like I am running a cool fermentation either. Temps here right now are about 70 - 75 degrees. Any ideas?

If it is staying the same SG for a number of days, it is probably done fermenting....The bubbles you see is CO2 gas being given up by the wine.....How long has it been at an SG of .997???

The SG has been stable for almost 2 weeks. I have just been putting this off due to the bubbles. Is it beneficial to let the wine give up the CO2 this way and would it make degassing easier later?

Yes it will make degassing easier....Your temp. of 70 to 75 will help too.....I would move on to the next step....good luck

How long has it been it secondary? You didnt specify when this kit was started.It sounds like its time to get it out though!

I started the kit on 3/12. I probably should have asked before now but I will go ahead and rack it and proceed to step 3.

I just wanted to post an update for anyone interested in this kit. I bottled this kit in the first week of June and I already like it better than the AJ Shiraz in did in 2008. If you want to make a decent red wine from a kit then the grape pack kits are definitely the way to go. I can't wait to try one of the higher end grape pack kits. The CC Cab Sauv Reserve is a great kit and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I did this kit also about 8 mos ago. I added a little extra oak for my personal taste. It turned out really good also. I too recommend this kit. A lot more body than I would have thought from a smaller kit.

Latest posts

Back