CATCH OF THE DAY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot NW- you sent the cold weather over here now!
smiley24.gif

Yesterday afternoon I was outside sitting in a blind trying to make it until dark- last of late season hunting. It was snowing like crazy when I went out and I snuggled in thinking "This isn't bad". It snowed quite heavily and added up about 2 inches in no time coating the trees. Within another few minutes the wind came up and the temps plummeted. Talk about blowing snow! It kept making snow devils and was blowing the snow off the trees. It kept dumping down on top of me. I stayed out until 4:30 and gave up- just too danged cold.

It was predicted to get down to about 8 degrees F. This AM on the back deck it read -8F. Well in there defense for the prediction, they didn't say above or below zero. What makes it worse is the 20 mph wind, but that is finally dying down. Today cold- high of 10 tomorrow snow changing to sleet and by Wed almost 50. The weathermen around here will just need to start using NW for predictions- we are just a couple days behind.

Nice and balmy in my office this AM- in the work side this time of year 55, and the unheated side 32.

I would say I hate you LOL. You have made me miss the north once again. I really miss ice fishing. It is my second favorite type of fishing after fly fishing a mountain stream for a trout.It was one of my passions. I live now in Sportsman's Paradise but rarely go fishing due to the heat, snakes, bugs, gators, etc. It just isn't fun here. Everyone here love deep sea fishing. I hate it.

I had a shack like that years ago. I didn't spear fish though. I used the little mini poles. The interior on our shack was actually nicer and more comfortable than our house. Even the days I went and sat in the open on a five gallon bucket hunched over a hole with pole in my hand was a very enjoyable experience.

vcasey said:
A tad bit to cold for us Floridians... We whine when the temps drop below 60.
VPC
being a Floridianis not without its perks, however
smiley4.gif
20081210_123933_permit.jpg

oh yeah, and GO GATORS
smiley20.gif

Yep! That's why we tolerate the 3 H's (heat, humidity, and the biggie hurricanes). Of course the downside is we still have to mow the lawn every week. That looks like a great dinner!
VPC

Oh yeah ...... Defiantly GO GATORS!

Edited by: vcasey

Meanwhile....Back at the Ranch...

Jim took the big fish house out to the bigger lake today. The ice is thick enough to hold up jalopies....so he could drive out to the old fishing spot.

Once set up he watched the fish for a couple hours and brought home a nice one....7# 2oz....

sevenplusSmall.jpg

Guess we will get through the pending snow storm with some food to eat....
smiley4.gif

Life is Good!!!!

No, he didn't use the Gator....kind of parked that out of the way now.

He can drive the old jalopy Dodge out there...Enough ice to drive trucks out there now.

We can't have a group fish fry yet....He has to get a few more fish first...This was the best one that he saw.....
smiley4.gif

Another nice one NW..Do you grill, bake or deep fry them?
I personally can visualize that rascal stretched out across a bed of charcoal.MMMMMMMMM

NW, SWEET!!!! Like Waldo said, that ole boy would look good on a grill!!
smiley4.gif

Back