Catawba

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob1

Reaction score
I set 3 more grape sets this year and they were Catawba. After setting them
I think I discovered they are a seedless grape. This true ?

Good luck with the vines.
Not sure if they are seedless, but around here, Missouri, they make a Pink Catawba that is a sweet rose wine. Guessing you could ferment it dry but most of the winerys do it sweet.
someone else will have to answer the seed question.

Thanks. I like herring the fact they are not seedless. If they were guess it would have been ok. The kids would like to have one that was seedless.

I had read about them and the wine they make. That was one of the reasons I chose them. I thought they would be good to blend with the Cab. for jelly.

Nothing like good old pink catawba wine from a Missouri winery. I have a friend who grows muscadines and makes muscadine wine. He planted a few rows of catawba grapes a couple of years ago just to have it to blend with the muscadine wine. I have to ask him if he's going to make the wines separate and then blend, or mix the grapes right from the start.

Not a bad idea. I put out one male, 1 female just for eating and jelly. If ever I have more than enough I might try that in a few years.

Back