carbuoys?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a few years that they stopped making them

Don't forget china. I got some that have Italian labeling but are stamped made in china

2 weeks ago i went by a old child hood freinds house and seen his mother 33 years earlier make muscadine and scuppernong and told her few hrs later how good that wine was to 13 and a 14 year old kids,,,,,she never new the hobby that she started so long ago. so told her about all the hobby and she give me her carbouys so i could make her some wine, this was a cool day and she was so surprised that we drank wine and she did not know,,lot of flat wine next year,,,,so im gonna supply her with some new wine ......shes 83 now and got copd heart problems so glad i took the time,,cheers:hug

Hi Bigwheel,

That is a great story, glad you shared.

2 weeks ago i went by a old child hood freinds house and seen his mother 33 years earlier make muscadine and scuppernong and told her few hrs later how good that wine was to 13 and a 14 year old kids,,,,,she never new the hobby that she started so long ago. so told her about all the hobby and she give me her carbouys so i could make her some wine, this was a cool day and she was so surprised that we drank wine and she did not know,,lot of flat wine next year,,,,so im gonna supply her with some new wine ......shes 83 now and got copd heart problems so glad i took the time,,cheers:hug

Sounds like you probably "owe" her a few bottles. Now when your friend comes home to visit his mother, he's going to get chewed out for sneaking wine as a youngster; maybe get spanked or grounded.

its nice when people take time to talk and connect with our elders.

That is a great story! :hug:hug I hope someday someone will have fond memories of my wine making... :h

well we are in the bible belt and people still think making wine is the devils work and jesus made the wine without alcohol. also catholic brothers and sisters drink beer under the church in the base ment and the pope ...well you get the drift... they think im distilling

well we are in the bible belt and people still think making wine is the devils work and jesus made the wine without alcohol. also catholic brothers and sisters drink beer under the church in the base ment and the pope ...well you get the drift... they think im distilling

IMHO, Wine without alcohol = grape juice. Jesus made wine, not grape juice.

Back