can you feel it's soul?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have found that my winery has a soul. It has a heart beat, and feelings.

At times like this, when the tanks are empty, I hear it sobbing.

I feel the shock when new wine is crushed and unfamiliar.

And I feel it's joy, when new wine is pressed and loaded back into the tanks.

It has a soul and a spirit. I can feel it....

:a1:a1:a1:a1

I have found that my winery has a soul. It has a heart beat, and feelings.

At times like this, when the tanks are empty, I hear it sobbing.

I feel the shock when new wine is crushed and unfamiliar.

And I feel it's joy, when new wine is pressed and loaded back into the tanks.

It has a soul and a spirit. I can feel it....

:a1:a1:a1:a1

For those who believe in a higher being, the soul is created by him. It is the part of us that integrates our mind, body and will. An inanimate object doesn't have a soul, but I believe takes on the characteristics of the one who "created it", ie. you. You are the one who sobs when the tanks are empty, you are the one with trepidation when the new wine is crushed. You are the one who feels joy when the tanks are filled.

If you would perish and your wife would take over the winery, it would take on the characteristics that she gave it, it would mimic her soul.

Just my two cents, not meant to be a political or religious statement, just my thoughts and only my thoughts.

Now time to go sample some more wine!

For those who believe in a higher being, the soul is created by him. It is the part of us that integrates our mind, body and will. An inanimate object doesn't have a soul, but I believe takes on the characteristics of the one who "created it", ie. you. You are the one who sobs when the tanks are empty, you are the one with trepidation when the new wine is crushed. You are the one who feels joy when the tanks are filled.

If you would perish and your wife would take over the winery, it would take on the characteristics that she gave it, it would mimic her soul.

Just my two cents, not meant to be a political or religious statement, just my thoughts and only my thoughts.

Now time to go sample some more wine!

Wisdom. I stand,before you a humbled...

Your words are the best spoken yet on this forum. (Sincere here)

Your two cents are worth d dollars!

And on the bottoms of our shoes, lest not forget.

"Are we not (wo) men?" sang Devo. Of course we have souls in/on our shoes.. The issue is whether any other creature might have a sole. Lemons (the flat fish) appear to have soles, too.

No, they don't have soles, they ARE soles.

Wouldn't they be "baby" soles?

Yes, you are correct................I was overthinking things as usual. :)

UNCLE..

Okay I have learned my lesson !

Never ever drink and post .

I have started to not log in later at night when the wine has-a-bin flowin'. When I remain logged in I tend to cringe the next day when I read over what I posted the night before. But we are all friends here and a few interesting posts only add zest to our day! John, thanks for the added zest.

I have started to not log in later at night when the wine has-a-bin flowin'. When I remain logged in I tend to cringe the next day when I read over what I posted the night before. But we are all friends here and a few interesting posts only add zest to our day! John, thanks for the added zest.

I do believe that we have the ability to remove our own posts. Never had to do this, but I have comfort in knowing we have that ability.

No harm, no foul; as far as I'm concerned. We all enjoy our wine and that's just fine. You were merely 'waxing philosophic' and weren't having diarrhea of the mouth or being insulting/abrasive. All good in my book and I enjoyed reading your prose. ;)

Now we can have a good laugh at your expense. :)

Back