Camdem/Kmeta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtstar

Reaction score
Would using a camdem tablet per gallon do the same as kmeta:a1

Yes, about 3.5 campden tablets equals 1/4 tsp of kmeta. 1 per gallon is fine though as we as home wine makers usually keep our S02 levels lower then standard.

Thanks Wade I added one camdem tablet and 1/2 teaspoon of sorbate per gallon two weeks ago on my zucchini wine I am planning on bottling it tomorrow if I want to back sweeten any of it would I be all right with what I have done so far

Hold on a sec - are we saying a Campden tablet of Sodium metabisulphite has or has not, the same SO2 abilities as an equivalent pill sized amount of Potassium metabisulphite?

I had heard there are 10 tablets to a level teaspoon. So if Sodium and Potassium were interchangeable, wouldn't that be 2.5 tablets= 1/4 teaspoon? Or are there differences between a British teaspoon and a US one?

Yes you will be alright but I wouldnt sweeten it and then bottle it right away. I always give it at least a week after sweetening just to make sureb it doesnt start back up and it can happen even if using the proper chemicals to prevent. I believe there is a shelf life of sorbate even though I cant seem to find one on any label.

Latest posts

Back